Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hi!
I have gotta' remember to always ID myself since I am using Becky's Google account. Anyway, this is Carol doing this writing.

It is so wonderful to be able to add thoughts to the blog. 'Really had a busy day - I went down to Physical Therapy (P/T) extra early because the staff was trying to finish up by noon so they could go to the company Lagoon day. Aides from Ogden came down to cover and now tomorrow some of our aides will go to Ogden to cover for them while they go to Lagoon. Everyone here is so nice and these substitute aides have been wonderful.

As I sat in the dining room at noon, the other ladies and I watched an edible bouquet being delivered here. We talked about how the flowers are made from fruit, the leaves are slices of honeydew and cantalope and then there were strawberries, grapes, pineapple daisies dipped in chocolate. Yummy stuff. Anyway, when I got back to my room it was on my table. A terrific surprise from my sister.

Another nice call from another brother. Dale called and he is always fun to talk too. I just wish we did it more often! Talked with Marie for a few minutes - she sounds well. Their family is all doing okay.

Hit a major milestone on the Spirometer yesterday. I can hit 1750 consistently and am now stretching to hit 2000. Yes! Before, I could only make it to 1250 - another indication that I had no room to expand my lungs! Duh! I am feeling better everyday - am enjoying the P/T and the "Life of Riley". ha!

Don't know how long they will let me stay here - I am hoping for three weeks. It's been a week since I arrived here at Aspen Ridge West.

Okay, it is about 4:30 AM so I think I will try to snooze for awhile before everyone starts moving around this morning. Have a wonderful day and give my love to all. Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment