Saturday, June 12, 2010

Another sleepless night

It is very early on Saturday morning. Haven't been able to sleep so decided to try the computer and see if it makes me drowsy. ha!

Had a really full day yesterday. Appointment at the Cardiac Clinic at the hospital early am. Got back here to Aspen Ridge and went straight into Physical Therapy and had a really good workout. It is such fun to sit and watch others doing their P/T. I am one of the really young people here - so I don't dare complain about the activities because the little old lady that is 93 is doing the same exercises I do. It is interesting to see/hear others - very, very entertaining. Most of the people arrive at P/T in wheelchairs. Today, one guy just kept falling asleep and it took him a looooong time to get his P/T completed.

Beth came for lunch and to see the facility. Later in the afternoon, I had visits from my friends, Bernice and Arla. Steph, Libby, Curtis and Carolyn arrived, followed by Chris Rich. Merri was already here and participated in the signing of many papers about my stay here at Aspen Ridge. I always like to have another person present for such "signings". Found out I can stay here for 100 days - what Medicare doesn't cover my supplemental will. I may never want to go home. ha!

Curtis brought me book two of Harry Potter. I hope to get a lot of reading done today. After dinner, Steph and Bryan Boose and their four little ones arrived for a visit. So I had a really big day! I hope I can doze a lot today since it is Saturday maybe it will be a slower pace around here.

It has rained nearly all day and night. Today's temps were in the 50s and I think the same is forecast for tomorrow. Pretty chilly for the middle of June.

My appt. at the Cardiac Clinic was uneventful. They asked all the usual questions, drew some blood, and told me I was doing so good that I don't have to go back for a month! My heart is now functioning normally. Amazing - what a turn around can do. Once they got the water around my heart and lungs - everything is good. I am definitely NOT complaining.
Will close for now.
PS I forgot to sign this one. Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment