Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another overcast day with cool temps. I think we surely must be ahead of the usual rainfall amounts. The weather is quite unexpected for the middle of June.

Life for me here at Aspen Ridge West is wonderful. This facility is beautiful - just like a five star hotel. I didn't even know places like this existed. The good thing is that everyone is here for the same purpose - to get better and go home. The decor inside and out is beautiful. The staff and the other patients are very nice and eager to help in any way. I am meeting a lot of new friends and enjoy their company and getting to know them.

Physical therapy is a challenge but is so comical to watch. Most all patients are older than me and they do a lot of the same exercises as I do. Of course, we do have a few whiners, those who sleep while in P/T, etc - very entertaining. I admire the P/T techs who are soooooo patient and keep after their patients until they get their work accomplished.

This center is located in the middle of the valley - so convenient for most of the kids. They drop in whenever possible. Melanie took me to my home the other day and we got some of my clothes and other things that I need to have here with me. She took me to the grocery store and we had quite an adventure. Then she took my laundry home to do and will bring it back tomorrow. Beth came to the house while we were there to give me a hair cut and a new "do". The next day she came here for lunch and to tour the facility. That day (Friday) was a big day because I had lots of visitors. Becky and Merri have been in and out often - seems like there are always some things that I need and don't have.

Well, it is almost time for breakfast so I will close for now. Love to all, Carol

1 comment:

  1. So glad all is going well, The place sounds fantastic, Merri must have found it, she always finds the best deals going! We are enjoying another week at the beach. All the kids left yesterday and are now home safe and sound. the weather has been fantastic here in FL.

    ReplyDelete