Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Footloose and Fancy Free

Computers are wonderful to a point - I wrote yesterday and saved a couple long paragraphs as a draft and guess what? You got it - the draft is nowhere to be found. Darn it!

I was transported to Aspen Ridge West Intermediate Care Center just after lunch yesterday. This is a beautiful facility. I have a private room, bath w/shower, DirectTV, Wireless Internet, climate control of my own room, 5 star accommodations with 24/7 nursing staff. Hopefully after three weeks of coronary rehab I will have developed new habits that will lead me to a healthier person.

The grounds are beautiful - lots of flowers, trees, shrubs: the inside is really nice with a library, dining room, physical therapy rooms, aquarium etc - I wish you could all come visit me and see just what I mean. I think Merri did post a link which would take you on a virtual tour of Aspen Ridge West.

My kids have been sooooooo wonderful - I never was alone while at the hospital - someone was with me 24/7 in ICU as well as on the Heart/Lung Floor. I so appreciate all their love and concern. Family is what it is all about!

Merri mentioned Dr. Aman - he is the nicest man ever! At the hospital, whenever someone talked about that nice doctor - you KNOW they were talking about him. He told me all about when he met his wife - how beautiful she is - their one and only date, their son, etc - what a man! He showed me a letter from President Monson which gives him a "home free" IN to heaven - ha ha! He also told me he is a "Jack Monson." What a hoot!

I guess I gave the kids a really big scare and am sorry about that because I was unconscious for about three days and didn't know what was going on until Wednesday, June 2. But yesterday the doctor told me about the three Ultrasound tests since I arrived at the hospital and with Monday's test - it shows my heart is working normally now. Yes!

My phone number in my room is 801-713-3213, and my cell is still 801-661-6543. Call - I would love to chat with you. Best to call after 11:00 AM because I am in physical therapy until then.

Thanks again for all the love and prayers and the fasting. All has been greatly appreciated. Give my love to all. Carol

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have new duds! I went to the site Merri posted and it looks fantastic! Enjoy the pampering, you deserve it. Keep the updates coming! They make my day! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids did a great job! Keeping all of us up-to-date, and watching over you like angels!
    I'm so glad your "new place" is fabulous! And your heart looks great too! Hallelujah!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete