Sunday, June 6, 2010

6/6/10 - Good Sunday Morning!

We had a restful night.  The overnight staff is less intrusive than in ICU.  They were like small breezes that slipped in and out.  Mom slept well - I slept like the dead, as usual (not a great quality for the 'night watchman'). 

At last check mom's sugar was down to 154.  Looking back to last evening's high sugar scare, there were some hints of what was coming.  I thought I should share them with her other 'watchers', so we can nip any future  Mom was unusually chatty.  Mom is wonderful to talk to and with, but she was doing more of the talking than usual.  Then when she laid back and shut her eyes, she got down-right goofy.  She was laughing and poking at something in the air.  The nurse (Anne) tried to ask her a few questions, like 'what day is it?... do you know where you are?' - and I could tell she wanted to answer, had the answer, but couldn't bring her self out of sleep enough to answer.  When Anne and I tried to wake her, we couldn't (panic).  It took several minutes (enough for me to call for backup) before we could bring her up and out of that sleep but then she would only bubble to the surface, for a few seconds.

She  is doing quite well this morning. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going nuts with this computer all my posts keep disappearing before being posted, DUH! Where is Merri when I need her? Glad to hear of the improvements. What I want to hear is that you are up running around those halls and causing trouble, the good kind that is! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Monday what' happening?

    ReplyDelete