Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Night

Mom had a rough first night as expected. Her pain level was high and required attention every 1-2 hour. The group in the ICU was kind enough to let me stay with her ALL night. I was so glad due to the attention mom needed. I don't think her call button was working because everytime I pushed (8 or so times) not once did a person respond. I know, right? Her lungs need major exercise and we as Partners in Healing" need to encourage her to use her breathing apparatus hourly.
The good news is she is already out of ICU!!! The Superstar is now on the third floor in room S-321
AND walked part of the way to her room!!! No joke. We are so proud of her and how brave she has been!
Love you,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO, way to go Sis. I'm anxious to get to Utah so I can bug you to keep up the good work. Thanks so much for the up-dates they are the best way to keep in touch. Love to all.
    Aunt Ev

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SOOOO strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Carol! We are so glad the surgey is over and she can just concentrate on the recovery. We will all continue to pray for her and are anxious to come visit.
    She really is amazing!!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Awesome news!! Will continue praying!
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete