Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day After the Day After I got home from the Hospital

I am sure Evelyn brought everyone up to date about our experience yesterday. Never a dull moment around here. However, Evelyn reminds me that she did NOT sign up for hazardous duty! I have had similar SVT episodes before and I guess it is not uncommon for patients to have some Afib after open heart surgery - but this time it was ME! When I went from the office of my cardiologist to the Same Day Surgery at the nearby hospital, my heart rate was 198 so they waited for my doctor to arrive and then gave me a shot of Denizene that stopped my heart and then it picked up on the correct rythym. I relaxed for about 1/2 hour and then we came home. End of story. Except, I was exhausted because they said it was like I was running a marathon for those 3 hours that my heart freaked out. So, today, I am tired but still up and running. The Physical Therapist came today and we did allowable exercises and of course, there is always my blue breathing inspirator! Yuck! Just can't seem to make much progress with that thing!
Have a wonderful day! Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment